Thursday, June 26, 2008

Completed ED run!!!

Dear Blog,

Yesterday was my last shift for ED run. Doing ED run is really awesome. But actually, it depends on our luck too.What I meant ; it depends on the registrars that we attached to and the cases that happened in that particular time. For me, the last 2 shift were pretty boring.Nothing much happened and the registrars were not too cool. boo...booo...

Yesterday shift was so damn busy until all beds in ED and APU were full occuppied. But still, a lot patients came in until one of ED consultants has to put a notice at the ED registration centre *Our department is overwhelming by patients, so waiting time might be too long*. Since it was so busy, I felt quite lost and being abandoned by my registrar and suprisingly, my registrar did notice about it. He said sorry for that but I said that's ok since I do understand the situation. To be truth, I attended the session just for the sake of my logbook, need someone to sign off the attendance since the passing criteria is at least; have to attend for 6 sessions..hahahaha.*that's so bad jiha- not a good example to follow*

The only things that I can consider as interesting cases are like pneumonia ,PV(per vaginal) bleeding and reduction of Collie's fracture. I was so happy because I can really hear the crackles at the basal of the left lung of the patient and when my registrar asked me about the findings, I answered confidently.hahahaha.*clap clap*

About the PV bleeding, the patient is 3/52 post-partum and suddenly she has excessive bleeding coming from her vagina. Because of the massive bleeding, the my consultant rang the Gynae Registrar and like what expected, the she did the PV examination. She has to do it twice since the vaginal way was obstructed with huge amounts of fresh blood and blood clots. And this became possible after they used the suction machine to suck all the blood that coming out continuously from inside. Eventually, we can see the patinet's cervix and apparently, the bleeding was not from the cervical wall. It might be from the uterus, the hypothesis that made by the Gynae Registrar and the patient was transferred immediately to the operation theathre to find out the cause of the bleeding.- this is my 1st time seeing real human cervix and I'm so jakun with that because beforeb this, we can just see the dummies' cervix. hahahaha.

And for the Collie's fracture, the procedures involved was damn cool. Oppss...and just for revision, Collie's fracture is the extra-articular fracture of distal radius and in this case, the fracture presented with dorsal angulation. This procedures involved the reduction of the fractured radius, applying and splitting the Plaster of Paris a.k.a cast.

In summary, Alhamdulillah, I've completed the ED run and now I'm looking forward for Locomotor run. Yeah, another good news, one of my IMU friend, Siti Nurliana a.k.a Ayek is here. She came all the way from Wellington tu.yeah..yeah..jumpe ayek!!!hahahahah..

Adios!!

No comments: