Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Enjoying Emergency Run??? 1st experience having patient died...

Dear Blog,

Today I'm free since I had evening shift for yesterday.What a relief!! hahaha. I really like this kind of thing.*clap clap*

Yesterday, my shift ended at 11.30 pm. That session was so..so busy...I just can't believe how tought an ED doctors have to be..MasyaAllah..To be frank, I do enjoy doing ED, I can learn a lot things especially we have to be fast and it's quite difficult at the beginning. However, I'm getting used with the fast-pace-in-making decision and treatment. Yesterday, I had a difficult situation..My patient was pronouced death and this is my 1st experience facing it. I never thought he will be ended up like that. He was brought in by the ambulance.He collapsed on the soccerfield and he didn't have any external injury. Even, his GSC(Glasgow Coma Scale) is 8 which is not that bad. However, when he started to vomit out blood, I started to think there's something wrong.Furthermore,it was not ordinary vomiting but it's more like projectile vomiting. The blood was projectected with high velocity and it hit one of the in-charge nurses. Thank God..I made a quick move and it didn't hit me or else surely my white tudung will be turn into spotted dark red. My team has done a great work..they performed endotracheal intubation although it's hard to get that thing into his trachea since he kept on vomiting. We have to keep on doing suction to prevent from aspiration into the lungs. Oooh..I forget to mention his vital signs was tremedously made me shock..he's afrebrile, bradycardia and his BP was 220/175..it's so high...n my team suspected his having cerebral bleeding...so once his condition become quite stable, we sent him for CT scan..and the result was what they expected ..he's having massive cerebral haemorrhage involving left basal ganglia haemorrhage with right midline shift(line where the separation of hemispheres take place). My consultant contacted the on-call neurosurgeon consultant for second opinion and he agreed with that. He won't survive. That sadden me a lot.Actually, to be honest, this incident made me think about my late dad..Was he in that situation when the doctors can't do anything to save him???Ya Allah..I know, that's what we called as faith..but as an ordinary human being, it just keep on playing in my mind. Ya Allah, berikanlah kekuatan kepada diriku yg lemah ini utk menghadapi semua dugaan ini..InsyaAllah, I'll do my best to be a good doctor...Amin..

Another interesting story..I almost fainted when I had my last patient..it happened around 11 pm ...I just don't why suddenly I become like that??? I'm clueless..maybe due the light in the procedure room...or maybe due to the tiredness..or might be due to blood that oozing out like a leaking pipe..hahahaha..i really don't have any idea...hahahaha..Actually, the patient was having epistaxis, so the blood just keep coming out from the nostrils as he is on aspirin for his heart problem and he did expectorate quite huge amount of blood clots..When I told my registrar about that, she thought I just making a joke but when she noticed my face became so pale, she started to worry about myself and asked me to take a deep breathe for couple of times and then asked to lie down...hahahahaha...that's so funny..even the patient himself and his wife also were so concerned about my condition...hahahaha;D

I went home around 11.20 pm...n when I'm just about to take a elevator, I noticed there was 2 texts from Ana...n she said that she'll pick me up...I feel so much grateful for having a friend like her...Ya Allah, thank you so much for giving me such a "wonderful gift" to me ...To Ana, thank you so much sayang..I really..really...appreciate your help...I just can't express how much my gratitude to you...n a special thanks too to Ain, Ana's housemate, for accompanying Ana to pick me up at the hospital at the middle of the night.

Soon, when I arrived at home, my housemates had made me a dinner...Nyum..nyum....I'm so touching...Thank you so much Izzah n Fiqah...Alhamdulillah, I'm surrounded by a lot of good friends..Ya Allah..terima kasih di atas semua pemberian Mu ini, they are another "wonderful gifts " given from You when I reached in Auckland...Daku sangat2 bersyukur dikurniakan kawan2 yg baik dan memahami...Semoga persahabatan kami berpanjangan sehingga ke akhir hayat..Amin...

I think I need to stop here...I want to perform Zuhur prayer..I'm fasting today..puasa ganti...hahahaha...tak tau la nak masak ape utk berbuka nanti...rasa mcm nak masak sambal sardin....nyum..nyum...Alamak, kurang pahala puasa aku..cis...hahahahaha..lol

Bye bye...muahhhxxx;D

No comments: